Page last edited 2,535 days 7 hours ago
Nematode may refer to:
- Potato cyst nematode (Globodera rostochiensis and Globodera pallida)cause yellow or brown spheres or cysts on the outside of Solanaceae roots.
- Potato rot nematode (Ditylenchus destructor) damages carrots and potato tubers during storage, especially under abnormal conditions of storage.
- Root-knot nematode (Meloidogyne spp.) exist in soil in areas with hot climates or short winters and cause a swelling of the roots from within resulting in galls.
- Stem and bulb nematode (Ditylenchus dipsaci), a plant pathogenic nematode which cause bulbs and stems of alliums to become distorted and swollen.
- Stubby root nematode (Paratrichodorus minor), a plant pathogenic nematode which causes stunting of plants as a result of limited root growth.